Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bike

A couple of months ago I was hit by a car while riding with my team. Actually, three of us were. Anyway, I had to get a new bike. For me, this is a horrible thing to do. I bond to bikes in a way no one should to material goods. I really wanted another Giant, but they are incredibly expensive. Then, I saw a great deal at Competitive Cyclist for a Ridley Excalibur with Rival for under $2k. Being the fan of SRAM that I am, I snapped it up with the idea that I'd strip it for the frame and put the Rival stuff on my Ti bike to use in crits. Like I'll ever race a crit again... It took awhile to get it in my hands, but it's a very good bike for the money. It's not incredibly light or nuanced, but it's a solid handling, great bike that feels better to ride than my Litespeed in almost any situation save high-speed descents. It weighs in at around 16.5 - 17 lbs, which is definitely good enough for me. Without further ado:

New Bike

Carbon

Drivetrain

No comments: