Monday, May 4, 2009

Copperopolis 2009

Arg. This race is hard. Someday I'll do it right. This time I forgot to eat. I was on the bike for four hours and only drank one bottle and had 2 gels. That's somewhere around 300 calories, or what I should be consuming per hour.

The race started somewhat fast on the climb, but it's the rough lead-in that gets me. I fell back to the back of the pack and hung in for three laps of crappy pavement. The weather was good at least. My teammate went up the road for two solid laps; he's going to have a great season of Master's racing. By the fourth lap, I was barely hanging on in the crosswind section and actually got dropped on the climb. That's how gone I was. I rolled in for ~25th, glad to have finished. My old man back thanked me for stopping.

No comments: